Experienced Ohio Appellate Law Attorney Argues Your Case
Powell lawyer safeguarding clients’ due process rights in state appeals
At James Sweeney Law, LLC, I am dedicated to providing clients throughout Ohio the highest caliber representation in all phases of litigation, including appeals. I am an attorney who draws upon 5 years of experience appealing adverse cases, including those where a defendant plead guilty. I do so by keeping by abreast of litigation trends and ever-changing case law.
I have represented individuals on appellate matters throughout Ohio. Likewise, I review any cases I accept for challenges such as, but not limited to:
- Sufficiency of the evidence
- Manifest weight of the evidence
- Ineffective assistance of counsel
- Sentencing errors
- Prosecutorial misconduct
- Violation of the Ohio Rules of Evidence
- Improperly admitted testimony
- Procedural errors
- Faulty jury instructions
At James Sweeney Law, LLC, I have the legal knowledge needed to handle briefing and oral arguments before appellate courts throughout Ohio.
Notable Appellate Decisions
- State v. Duty, 2017 – Reversed and Remanded
- State v. Cole, 2014 – Reversed and Remanded
- State v. Huhn, 2014 – Reversed in Part and Remanded
- State v. Pingle, 2013 – Reversed and Remanded
Contact a committed appellate lawyer in Ohio
For skilled help with an appeal, call James Sweeney Law, LLC at 614-546-5653 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Columbus office. My firm serves clients throughout Ohio.